The Global Alliance to Eliminate Lead Paint (Lead Paint Alliance) is a voluntary partnership formed by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to prevent exposure to lead through promoting the phase-out of paints containing lead. The Lead Paint Alliance is guided by an Advisory Council chaired by the US Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) and consisting of Government representatives from Colombia, Republic of Moldova, Kenya, Thailand, the International Pollutants Elimination Network (IPEN), Health and Environmental Alliance (HEAL), the American Bar Association, Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) the World Coating Council (formerly IPPIC), AkzoNobel and Pacific Paint (Boysen) Philippines (paint companies).
Lead Paint Alliance publications
- Toolkit for establishing laws to eliminate lead paint Online Toolkit - Brochure
- 2019 - Update on the Global Status of Legal Limits on Lead in Paint (EN, SP)
- Model Law and Guidance for Regulating Lead Paint (EN, AR, CH, FR, RU, SP)
- Suggested Steps for Establishing a Lead Paint Law (EN, CH, FR, RU, SP)
- Newsletter: Sep 2018 - Feb 2019 - Jun 2019 - Oct 2019 - Register to our newsletter!