As UN Environment continues to promote sustainability on the world stage, it does so within the organisation.
- Climate Neutral since January 2008 by annually offsetting its GHG emissions (2nd oldest in UN & associated agencies)
- Climate footprint reduced by 23% from inception of its Climate Neutral Strategy in 2010
- Energy neutral offices saves about 4,000 Kg of CO2 per annum
- Environmental Management System adopted to measure, control, and reduce UN Environment’s environmental impacts
- Air travel emissions reduced by 7% in 2014 compared to 2013 and goal of 3% year on year reduction of emissions from 2010 exceeded