Media advisory and call for applications for media accreditation
Deadline: 25 november 2019
Core themes: Biodiversity and Marine Protected Areas; marine litter, blue economy; climate change.
When: 2-5 December 2019
Where: Complesso Monumentale di Castel dell’Ovo
- Address: Via Eldorado n. 3 (presso via Partenope - Borgo marinari), Naples, Italy
- Email: casteldellovo(at)comune.napoli.it; turismo(at)comune.napoli.it
- Tel: (+39) 081.7956180 - 081.7956181 - 081.7957776
- Website: http://www.comune.napoli.it/casteldellovo
Who: Ministers, Deputy Executive Director of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), Senior delegates, Civil servants representing the 22 Contracting Parties to the Barcelona Convention and its Protocols; guest speakers representing intergovernmental organizations, the scientific community and civil society; UNEP/MAP— Barcelona Convention Secretariat.
How: media participation in COP21 is subject to accreditation by the UNEP/MAP—Barcelona Convention Secretariat.
Accreditation is strictly reserved for members of the press - print media, photo, radio, TV, film and news agencies - who fully meet UN media accreditation requirements.
Accreditation will be granted upon presentation of valid press credentials, including:
- a completed accreditation form;
- a letter of assignment on official letterhead of a media organization signed by the Publisher/Assignment Editor, Editor-in-chief or Bureau Chief, specifying the name and functional title of the journalist. Unsigned letters or e-mails will not be accepted;
- a photocopy of a valid press card/work pass;
- a photocopy of passport.
Press passes can be picked up at the registration counter at the COP21 venue upon presentation of ID (passport, official national press pass, driver’s license, work ID, etc.). Please note that journalists accredited to cover the meetings should make their own travel and hotel bookings. Accreditation requests (accreditation form and required documents) should be sent by email to anastasia.vergiris[at]un.org, copying ghannem[at]un.org, no later than 25 November 2019.
If you wish to request an interview with UNEP/MAP representatives, please contact: Mr. Jihed Ghannem, Public Information Officer, UNEP/MAP – Barcelona Convention Secretariat: ghannem[at]un.org.
Follow COP21 on social media:
- Official hashtag to follow COP21 on social media: #COP21Napoli
- The Twitter account of UNEP/MAP is @UNEPMAPNews: https://twitter.com/unepmapnews