The Climate Technology Centre & Network (CTCN) is the operational arm of the UNFCCC Technology Mechanism, hosted by the United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) and the UN Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO). The Centre promotes the accelerated transfer of environmentally sound technologies for low carbon and climate resilient development at the request of developing countries. We provide technology solutions, capacity building and advice on policy, legal and regulatory frameworks tailored to the needs of individual countries.
The Climate Technology Centre & Network facilitates the transfer of technologies through three core services :
- Providing at the request of developing countries to accelerate the transfer of climate technologies;
- Creating access to information and knowledge on climate technologies.
- Fostering collaboration among climate technology stakeholders via the Centre’s network of regional and sectoral experts from academia, the private sector, and public and research institutions.
Through these services, the CTCN aims to address barriers that hinder the development and transfer of climate technologies, and to thereby help create an enabling environment for:
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions and climate vulnerability
- Improved local innovation capacities
- Increased investments in climate technology projects.
For more information visit Climate Technology Centre and Network