The newly launched Global Environment Outlook for Business briefs look at the GEO findings through a business lens. Written ‘by business for business’, the briefs bring the science of the GEO to the business community to support them in developing plans, business strategies, technology pathways, mechanisms and enablers towards building a green and circular economy.
GEO for Business is led by a high-level Advisory Committee of major business and non-governmental organizations working on the environment. These short and stimulating products will be supporting UNEP’s priority for the super year for Nature while providing ‘how-to guides’ for business on specific environmental issues. Six thematic briefs covering three systemic areas: food, waste and energy will be published throughout 2020. They are as follows:
- Adapt to thrive and what transformational change means for business
- Moving from linear to a circular economy and what this means for business
- The changing role of business in transforming food systems
- How business can manage the transition towards decarbonization and full electrification
- Future-proofing infrastructure and infrastructure services for climate resilience
- Changing finance, financing change
These Briefs are meant to be practical and solutions oriented and are targeted at small to medium-sized enterprises that may be operating with the supply chains
of large multinationals and are exposed to international trade or only supply domestic markets. The Briefs will be drafted by expert authors from the business community and published by UNEP and its partners. Throughout 2020, we expect to share practical information and knowledge, and we also hope to learn how this type of product can help stimulate transformational change at the scale and in the timeframes that are so clearly outlined in GEO-6.
Please see the GEO for Business Brochure for more information.